Spiced Mustard Salmon with Couscous and Apple Rocket Salad
Your omega-3s beautiful fillets seasoned in the cozy spices of our Cajun spice blend. It’s unlikely. And just to make sure that there’s wholesome, tasty flavor throughout this dish, we’re also adding an apple pecan salad, fluffy couscous, and a Dijon mustard cream sauce.
- Bring 1 cup water, stock concentrate, and a pinch of salt to a boil in a small pot • Once boiling, add couscous • Remove from heat, cover, and let stand until the rest of the meal is ready • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat (use a nonstick pan if you have one) • Pat salmon dry with a paper towel • Season all over with salt, pepper, and Cajun spice • Add to pan skin-side down • Cook to desired doneness, 3-6 minutes per side.
- Wash and dry all produce • Cut lemon into halves • Halve and core apple, then thinly slice • Place brown sugar in a medium bowl • Squeeze in juice from one lemon half and stir to dissolve sugar • Add mustard and sour cream and stir to combine • Season with salt and pepper.
- Place rocket, apple, and pecans in a large bowl • Add a big squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil and toss to coat • Season with salt and pepper.
- Fluff couscous with a fork, then season with salt and pepper • Divide couscous between plates, then top with salmon.
- Drizzle with sauce • Serve with salad on the side.
Tools you will need:
Kitchen Knife • Chopping Board Small Bowl • Large Pan Paper Towel • Bowl Large Bowl
Vegetable Stock Concentrate ( unit )
Salmon Fillet ( unit )
Lemon ( pc )
Brown Sugar ( T )
Sour Cream ( T )
Pecans ( gr )
Couscous ( cup )
Cajun Spice ( T )
Apple ( pc )
Dijon Mustard ( t )
Rocket Leaves ( gr )
Olive Oil ( t )
Salt and Pepper to taste
Nutritional facts (est. per serving)