Crispy Chicken Parmigiana Salad with Spinach and Potatoes
Best part of chicken Parmesan? The thick layer of gooey, creamy cheese melted on top of crispy chicken. In this dish, we’ve recreated the same dreamy combination but given it a lighter twist by tossing in some greens. Needless to say, it’s the best of both worlds.
- Make the panko mixture: Preheat the oven to 425°C • In a shallow dish, combine the panko, parmesan, garlic chopped, and a pinch of salt and pepper • Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes and toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil and a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook the potatoes: Place the potatoes in the oven for 25-30 minutes, tossing halfway through, cooking until golden brown and tender • Working one at a time, place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap • Pound the chicken with a rolling pin, mallet, or heavy-bottomed pan until ½-inch thick • Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on a lightly oiled baking sheet and spread the chicken with 1 (T) sour cream (per chicken breast) • Press the panko mixture onto the sour cream to adhere • Place in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and crispy.
- Halve the lemon, cutting one of the halves into wedges • In a large bowl, combine 1 (T) sour cream, a large drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper • When the potatoes are ready, toss them into the bowl with the dressing along with the spinach • Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Plate: Serve the crispy chicken Parmigiana on a bed of spinach-potato salad, with wedges of lemon for squeezing over the chicken.
Tools you will need:
Baking Sheet • Baking Dish Large Pan • Plastic Wrap Large Bowl • Whisk
Chicken Breast ( units )
Potato ( gr )
Spinach ( gr )
Breadcrumbs ( cup)
Parmesan Cheese ( cup )
Garlic ( clove )
Sour Cream ( T )
Lemon ( unit )
Olive Oil ( T )
Salt and Pepper to taste
Nutritional facts (est. per serving)